Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brief Highlights

Last Saturday's barbeque was fun, but cliques were visible. A few drank and had a bit of chit-chat at the garage after the barbeque, while the majority found the Final Fantasy anime too captivating. We took this opportunity to quietly dress up Fred the birthday boy as a salsa dancer. What followed was extremely hysterical (at least that's what we thought when we were there): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJ09WKJ93o.

After (literally) years of waiting and comtemplating, I finally got a 4gig iPod Nano! The whole music on-the-go experience got only better when I bought a new pair of Sony "ear-buds" earphones the day after.

Wednesday night had good news for me and my fellow team mates: we got through the JPMorgan heats round in University of Melbourne. We are now the last 10 teams in Melbourne. It is a bit rush though that we have to present our valuation model on Monday evening.

Jonathan (instructor) finally taught us Salsa. It sure was amusing,
that when demonstrating to us, he went faster and faster with his steps and looking at him enjoying himself while almost none of us could keep up. Steps and sequences are getting tougher and even with 2-3 new students, I'm still the only guy around. But at least it's good that one of the new students is a really good dancer.

As predicted (see last blog update), I scored 8/10 for Financial Mathematics II.

Today my team participated in an ANZ/SIFE trading competition but, unfortunately, did not even make it to the top 3. Well apparently our hold-and-wait strategy did not work the way we wanted it to. After more work on the JPMorgan presentation, I succeeded in pursuing my friend back to my place to make some baked rice. It was awesome.

It's 1AM on a Friday night and I'm at home. The night may still be young, but it's all good when I'm listening to one of my earliest favourites: Something to Remember (Madonna).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home