Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Little Recap

Goodbye 2006! But anyhow let's have a look:

I entered 2006 fresh from a break-up. I broke up on Christmas 04 so you could imagine. Then I learned to drive shortly after that. Family and friends got so proud of me. But most importantly, of course, I was proud of myself too.

Came mid-February was time to get back to Melbourne for my 2nd year in U of Melbourne. I bumped into a friend's place for 5 weeks before I managed to get a new place. Silly me, I was still trying my luck on my ex till I moved in. Then Ben woke up and paid much more attention to scholarly endeavours. I nonetheless only managed to obtain two 79's.

Moving in with a new housemate, Chris, and staying with him for 8 months wasn't that bad but it ended pretty unpleasantly. Let's not get into that.

The second semester was time I make up for my first year: I repeated a subject by overloading. At the same time, I started mixing with a new bunch of friends that partied almost every weekend. Or maybe we had good excuses: people's birthday fell on almost every other week.

It looked as if they were both negatively impacting my studies. Well yes they were! I finished my last exam calmly but I knew it didn't feel right. When my friend started panicking, so did I. It turned out to be 53%. How close. I'm glad I'm through but that really compels me to be a little more serious about my Actuarial Studies course. Or perhaps I should think about even continuing it. But I will for the degree's sake.

That bunch of friends really sorta changed me in my approach to weekdays and weekends. I mean, I really take them differently now. Study hard, party hard. It's a very logical (economically speaking) reward system afterall. And self-interest at its best. (Note to other friends: friends are not exhaustive. Having them doesn't mean I can't have you guys unless, of course, I'm unwanted)

Oh yes. Speech problems. I seemed to pronounce W's as V's. Velcome? Lol. Apparently it's not chronic anymore.

A little highlight: the parties were good.

Then Ben came home. After less than a month of pure vacation, I'm now an intern in Ernst & Young. Why Ernst & Young for an actuarial undergrad? I need exposure to other things as well.

I'm sure there is so much more to recap. Little minor and intimate things. A blog's a blog. I shall leave 2006 to that. Let's look forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home